A service office is a furnished and fully equipped pay-as-you-use office space located in a building managed by an operator. Operators rent out single serviced offices or entire floors to their clients, giving them access to ready-to-use office space on flexible terms and short-term leases.
Serviced offices represent a growing global shift as businesses move towards seeking more agile and savvy ways of saving money whilst procuring increased office space. Serviced offices come with none of the hidden costs associated with conventional leased office spaces such as maintenance, furnishing and equipment installation and facility costs. They are already fully fitted and provide transparent monthly fees, enabling companies to scale up or down as required.
What are the benefits of a serviced office
Cost-effective with no downtime
Companies pay only for the space that they absolutely require. Serviced offices come fully furnished and pre-cabled, providing access to high-quality equipment. This means zero downtime when moving in. This in turn can free up capital for other business priorities.
Flexible, short-term leases
Serviced office rental terms are very flexible. Many spaces offer contracts for as little time as 1 month. This is perfect for those companies that are looking to remain agile and work in a space that can expand or reduce in size at very short notice, in line with their business plan.
Access to new markets
Serviced offices are available throughout the world, giving users a broad choice when it comes to establishing bases in new locations. This gives businesses the opportunity to set up at an address that would otherwise be unaffordable, and also provides access to business centres around the globe.
Access to all the facilities needed to run a business
Standard facilities in serviced offices include:
- Fully staffed reception desks
- Lunch areas
- Meeting rooms
- Conference rooms
- Cleaning and maintenance services
- Networking spaces
Companies can also access additional pay-as-you-use facilities and services, such as a gym, events areas and sports centres.There are no hidden costs whatsoever, which allows for extremely straightforward budgeting.
Serviced office or coworking space?
Here at Click Offices, we’re the first to admit that an office rental service isn’t suitable for all businesses. However, a serviced office is perfect if you need:
- Flexible lease terms
- Access to administrative support
- No building maintenance hassle
- Access to private meeting spaces
- Lower costs than traditional leases
- Access to desire business locations
A serviced office might not be a good fit for your business, however, if you require:
- Bespoke solutions
- Complete control over meeting rooms and communal spaces
- Strong brand identity or culture reflected in the office space itself
If an office rental service isn’t quite what you’re looking for, it might be worth considering a coworking space. A coworking space contains desks which can be rented by the hour, day or month, as opposed to serviced offices, which are leased on at least a monthly basis. They provide basic infrastructure but typically don’t have the administrative support supported by servicing offices. However, this could be appropriate for your company if you need:
- More flexibility
- Low costs and low commitment
- Highly social, creative and collaborative space
That being said, a coworking space might not quite so suitable for your business if you need:
- A large amount of administrative support
- Total privacy
- Control over office layout and branding
What kind of business is a good fit for a serviced office?
- Businesses expanding into new markets or new regions or countries, who require access to business centres around the world with short-term rental options.
- Start-ups and entrepreneurs, as a serviced office means not being tied to a long-term contract and being subject to hidden costs.
- Businesses experiencing growth. Large companies tied to a conventional leased space that they have outgrown may seek an interim space for their employees.
- Project-based teams who require a fully equipped workspace in a specific location for a short period whilst fulfilling a contract.